An Introduction to Supporting Service Children in Schools
- Organised by: Southern Universities Network
16th June 2022 from 15:15 to 16:45
- Location: Online
This online interactive session will help you to:
- Understand the term Service child and who Service children are
- Gain an awareness of the barriers and disruption Service children can face in education
- Consider the value and diversity that Service children can bring to a school
- Identify how to apply the SCiP Alliance’s Thriving Lives Toolkit to a school setting
- Develop an awareness of how to support Service children in school
During the session, you will be signposted to your local SCiP hub and to further organisations and resources to support your work with Service children.
This This CPD session will be suitable for all staff working in secondary schools, including those in SLT roles, pastoral roles, teaching and non-teaching staff. It will also be suitable for staff who work across the education sector, for example, those in higher education, Local Authority or charity roles.
The session will be delivered online and there is no cost to attend. Please visit the Southern Universities Network website via 'More information' button above to register your place.