Online CPD: An Introduction to Supporting Service Children
This introductory session is brought to you by the Southern Universities Network, following some collaborative work with the Service Children's Progression (SCiP) Alliance. Aimed at all school staff in secondary schools, including SLT, pastoral, teaching, and non-teaching staff, as well as those who work broadly across the education sector, this interactive session will help you to:
- Understand the term Service child and who Service children are
- Gain an awareness of the barriers and disruption Service children can face in education
- Consider the value and diversity that Service children can bring to a school
- Identify how to apply the SCiP Alliance’s Thriving Lives Toolkit to a school setting
- Develop an awareness of how to support Service children in school
During the session, you will be signposted to your local SCiP hub and to further organisations and resources to support your work with Service children.