The Royal Caledonian Education Trust will lead a teacher conference on the 3rd and the 10th of June explaining how schools can use the toolkit to help their Armed Forces children thrive. The evidence-based Thriving Lives toolkit explains the 7 principles of effective support for young people from Armed Forces families and provides schools with self-reflection questions linked to further guidance, case studies and resources.
June 3rd 15.30 – 17.30
- Setting the scene - The Educational Landscape in Scotland
- The Service Children’s Progression Alliance and Thriving Lives
- Session 1.Understanding Service children’s lives and how the Alliance helps
- Session 2. How schools can use the Thriving Lives toolkit to help children from Armed Forces families thrive
June 10th 15.30 – 17.30
- Session 3 Thriving Lives – drilling down to using the Toolkit and who can help schools help young people from Armed Forces families to thrive.
- Case study workshops exploring the fit with HGIOS4 and the voices of young people and schools:
A. Alignment between HGIOS 4 and the Thriving Lives toolkit
B. How Children and Young People plan to be involved in Principle 5
C. School context
This event will be hosted by the Royal Caledonian Education Trust, Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity, in collaboration with the SCiP Alliance. Please read the Alliance’s online event policy here.